Tuesday 18 January 2011

Being a Tourist

Today I had a nice time buzzing around Sunderland with my Psychology pal as the driver.  We visited Hylton Park (nice old castle), the aircraft museum, Penshaw Monument, a nice pond with lots of ducks, kittiwakes, swans and other birds, Rainton Meadows Nature Reserve, Farm Adventure Park, and then last but not least, McDonalds.

Twas a grand day.  The sun was shining and  I got a million photos.

Task for the next few days = go back to the museum beside the Winter Gardens to get more info on Sunderland's history, and draw some maps.

Next week we're planning another tourist day. There's a quarry near Whitburn and i'd like to look at the ship building history and go back to the glass centre.  Oh, and I want to investigate the monks and what their history is.


I love this photo of the birds sitting waiting to be fed, and a flock taking off in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment