Tuesday 25 January 2011

Map of Sunderland (from a mind's-eye-view)



**click to enlarge**
I did this map without looking at a real map and without looking up reference images... it's just exactly how Sunderland looks to my sense-of-direction-less brain. When I compared it to an accurate map of Sunderland it made me laugh. Buildings are on the wrong side of the river, a whole bridge is missing, pretty much everything is in the wrong place.  I have a skewed metro-orientated view of the city.  i.e. I get off the metro, go to uni, and then go home.

Conclusion: I DO NOT KNOW MY WAY AROUND SUNDERLAND.

I liked the idea of deciding roughly what kind of children's story we'd like to create NOW, so that we can narrow down the research.  I've taken some photos of areas in Sunderland on my phone... will upload them tonight so that I can  have some more reference images to work from.

1 comment: